Prancing Horse exists to help people with special needs improve speech, balance, muscle tone, motor skills and self-esteem. Each of these is addressed through an individualized lesson plan developed to meet the student’s needs. The plan is devised to coordinate the goals of the doctor, parent and student. At the end of each lesson an evaluation of progress is completed by the teacher with the help of the volunteers working with the student.
Our lessons are taught by a PATH Intl. Certified Instructors who work to develop lessons that meet the riders’ needs and skill level. Lessons work to not only incorporate riding skills, but also games and activities that benefit the rider in a variety of ways.
Lessons are for either a half hour or one hour. The majority of the time is spent in the riding arena.
- Cost of the lessons is $30.00 per student for a one hour small group lesson
- Cost of the lesson is $20.00 per student for a half hour group lesson
- Groups consist of 2 – 5 students
- Each student has volunteers working with him or her to reinforce the instructor’s lesson
- Private lessons may be available at a cost of $45.00 per hour/ $25.00 per half hour
- For more information you may call (910)246-3202 or email us at email@example.com.
We have a limited number of openings in classes as we begin our yearly program. We have a great time during class and look forward to having you join us. For more information about us visit the rest of our web site. You can also find more information about therapeutic riding by visiting the PATH web site. (http://www.pathintl.org/)